Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's here!




Yep, here it is, our fabulous new tandem that has foot pegs, shortened pedals, and a rear seat with back support. Cooper is thrilled, and I almost cried when we got out on our first ride. It's been such a struggle to get Cooper to even attempt anything with wheels- bikes, scooters....the trail-a-bike was a total flop...so, last summer I'd gotten to where I'd almost given up trying to ride with Coop. And that made me so sad- biking really is one of my favorite things, and its such a good family activity. But by the end of last summer, I'd pretty much given up....until we got this grant (and a big thanks to you, United Healthcare Children's Foundation) that helped pay for our new bike. So now, we can ride together, and Cooper can get practice balancing, and gaining the comfort and skills he'll need to ride on his own one day. Today, I feel like we won the lottery.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Brady said...

I want one of these so I can ride with Cooper too!

Jenna said...

Hi Cooper
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. That is a very awesome bike Cooper! I hope you have fun with it.
I was born with a rare life threatening disease.
www.miraclechamp.webs.com