Saturday, February 26, 2011

One determined kid...

In case you haven't noticed, or heard, it's cold here. Cold, and snowy and icy. And for all of you who live south of me and are complaining about the "freezing" 50 degree winters, I have just one thing to say, "Whaaaaa!" Seriously. (And, to all of you who live where it's far colder than here- I know, I know, I shouldn't complain.)

Nevertheless, we're here, the chickens are scratching out grassy spots in the snow, Cooper's trying to build a snowman in 1/4 inch of snow, I've learned to park the van on the street anytime anyone mentions the word snow, and Ian, well, Ian's learning to milk it. He's banging on the door as soon as he's awake to go out, push his bike to the top of the driveway, and careen back down. Without insistence from his parents, he would do this in his pajamas, or even a t-shirt and jeans. I finally made the declaration that his clothing had to include at least a hat and coat. Sheesh.
Here are two videos that kept me laughing.

5 comments:

Eva and her 'rents said...

Ian is HARD CORE!! Too funny!

Laurie Winters said...

Determined bikers there! Little boys, ice, and snow. What else is there? Oh! An appreciative audience. :)

ms. raj said...

I see the Uter sense of determination in these kids-- this is the point where you begin to understand what you put your parents through -- and they're not even close to being teenagers :) :)

This is about the age where I knew Nina was a Californian soul... after 15-20 minutes getting her
into snow suits, boots, mittens, hats, tights, she would be out in the cold for 2-3 minutes and be banging on the door to COME INSIDE.... so enjoy these beautiful kids!! xo jill

Jetty Jetson said...

That is awesome I once tried to ride my bicycle in the ice and snow and it took me awhile to get where I was going but dangit I got there!

Positive Thoughts said...

See the power of positive thoughts within you.