Friday, March 14, 2008

Look Out World

My big boy bed..
Yep. While I was at Nana and Pop Pop's house in San Diego, Mom and Dad got me a big boy bed (it actually takes up WAAAYYY less space than the crib!) I love it!! From the day I got home, I insisted that I get put to bed in my bed every night. I'd snuggle in with my books and animals, and mom would sit next to me on the beanbag (just picture that- at 7 1/2 months pregnant!) She'd read my books, then sing me songs 'till I fell asleep.
That was great, except that it took 30 or more minutes to actually fall asleep. If she left before I fell asleep, she'd tell me, "Stay in your bed. If you get out, you'll have to go in your crib." I'd say, "Okay," wait 'till she was out the door, and then climb right out of bed and rattle the door. As soon as Mom opened the door back up, I'd turn right around and book it for my bed! Such a fun game. So, I mostly slept in the crib this week. BUT, last night, Mom wondered what would happen if she just let me rattle the door for a while. Sure enough, after a couple of trips to and from the bed (with no intervention from Mom) I made it back to my bed, climbed in, and slept there all night! Mom and Dad were SO impressed! Of course, Mom says she's keeping the crib in my room as back up for a good long time still!


And on another note, here's my birthday playhouse. Thanks to all the grandparents, Uncle Tim & Aunt Suz, Uncle Steve & Aunt Lib, and Uncle Nate and Aunt Jen for the great birthday present- I love it!

1 comment:

Eva and her 'rents said...

Wow! What a big boy! He's set up for a slumber party now. How about this weekend? :)